Saturday, November 12, 2005

My Ubuntu shipment has arrived!

And after a month since the release of Breezy (5.10), my order for the CDs has arrived. The CDs were all snapped up in a jiffy like pancakes. All in all, I ordered for x86, PowerPC and x86-64 flavors of the distro. Reserved the three for my home PC, office PC, office PC 2 (64), and my home iMac. Reserved one mac for my friend. Reserved one 64 and one 32bit versions for our IT department. And the rest were given to interested colleagues. I am not sure whether one made the crack as a joke or was he really serious. This is what he said: "will it run in windows?". I said, in a serious but hillarious way, "no". "Instead, get Cygwin". OK, yesterday was an install fest, at least for my own machine. I have reinstalled my OS (64) while I sadly toil away on "hard labor" at the office. Today's is another install fest for me... at home.


You can find the original post and post comments here.